If you are having problems uploading a resume, first make sure of the following items:
- Your resume file is a valid format. We accept Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), Rich Text (.rtf), and Text (.txt) files.
- Your resume is less than 1MB in total size and less than 5 pages in length.
- If your are using a Acrobat file, make sure its a PDF created directly on a computer and not a PDF that is a 'scanned picture' of your resume.
Note: We STRONGLY recommend using Microsoft Word. Many employers require a Word resume. If you don't have Microsoft Word, you can use Google Docs for free to create a valid MS Word .doc file that you can use.
Apple Mac Issues
If you are using a Mac and exporting from Apple's Pages program, please note that it does not export a fully compliant Microsoft Word file. If you are using Pages, use one of the following steps to export an uploadable document:
- Export the document as a RTF file from Pages. Then use that RTF file to upload as your resume in your Member Center
- Export the document as a PDF file from Pages. Then use that PDF file to upload as your resume in your Member Center
- Create a resume using Google Docs (see instructions above).
If you still can't upload your resume, send an email to email@example.com and attach your resume and we can assist you further.
Article ID: 38, Created: 9/14/2011 at 4:33 PM, Modified: 3/9/2016 at 2:21 AM